Pages

Wednesday 12 November 2014

HAUL: PRIMARK, GARNIER, MAYBELLINE, BRUSH STORAGE & MORE

Wednesday 12 November 2014
This is a collective haul from about 6 different shopping trips...but it's only a handful of stuff. I swear I bought than this, it's so strange. But okay, on with the show!
I don't think I've ever hauled any clothing or fashion items, have I? Maybe once, waay back. I'm not a fashion aficionado of any degree and I don't feel like these photos are my best, even though I suck at photography too. The struggle of being a blogger is so damn real. But I picked up a couple of bargains and I feel like I may as well add them in. Because, ya know, why not?
Primark Jacket - £3 (full price £17, Primark you funny!)
Calling this a jacket is such a stretch because if it wasn't for the zip I'd consider it more of a thin jumper. Nevertheless the pattern is amazing and I love the colours, even though I rarely wear colour. I'm in an all white party wearing all black, and I usually save the colour for my eyeshadow or lipstick. But I was drawn to this and I couldn't really say no for £3. Come on now.

Hypnotic Jumper - £6.99
I am single-handedly bringing back elbow patches, mark my words! Hypnotic is a little boutique in my town centre but they have an online site, www.hiddenfashion.com, and the clothes are so cheap and so good as a lot of them are warehouse cuts. I think that's what it is when an excess of stock gets fobbed off somewhere else, right? I'm probably making this up. But my friend once bought Topshop disco pants from Hypnotic (Hidden Fashion) for £7.99. That is the vibe we're dealing with.

Primark Extra Long Knit Scarf - £4
The photography on this is dreadful, I know. I have no excuses, sue me. A staple, jet black, suuuuper long, knit scarf. With tassels! It's a really soft knit as well, none of that itchy bullshit.

Primark Leather-Look Pleated Skirt - £4
Hold on one sec, I didn't actually buy this from Primark myself. I bought it on Vinted which is a fab little marketplace where you can buy new or second-hand items from other ladies. It's great if you've missed out on items, because your nearest store didn't have them or because they were limited edition. You can buy anything from Primark to Gucci so download the app on your device, it's free! If you're reading this on your mobile device or tablet I have a referral link for you: www.vinted.co.uk/referral/596391 and this should and a pretty £5 to your account to get you started! I'm probably going to write a whole, 500+ words post on Vinted so stay tuned for that. I just wanted to say, Christ this is getting long, that I'm glad I could grab this skirt because look at it, it's beautiful! I'm in Primark every week and I've never seen it in store. Thank you vinted! Okay moving on, wow.

There was no smooth transition from clothes to skincare, so we'll just deal with this the way it is.
[L-R]
Boots Botanics 3 in 1 Cleansing Solution - £3.32 (£4.99 full price): I picked this up because I fancied trying a different micellar water even though everyone knows if it's not broken, don't fix it, and I love my Garnier micellar water. But we shall see how this one holds up.
Garnier Intensive 7 Days Soothing Gel-Cream - £1.50: I love the cream/lotion version of this so I thought I'd try this one because it was on clearance and my favourite one wasn't on offer and nobody ain't got no £5+ to be spending on run-of-the-mill moisturiser. Boots, relax yo' prices. 
Witch Pore Minimising Gel Wash £2.50 (full price £3.50): I promise I don't buy all my products on offer, just most of them haha. I've used this a couple of times already and so far I don't hate it. I'm trying to up my skincare routine game because even though I'm combination-oily my skin is as thirsty as a drunk girl in the club because of the cold weather and I am not about that dry skin life. 

Simple Day SPF15 Day Cream - £2 (full price £5, I think) (link): Okay so maybe I do but everything on offer, anything to be saving those pennies! This cream, which I've also already dipped a finger into; whoops; isn't my favourite. I don't think it's nourishing enough for thirsty-guy-at-the-bar-tryna-get-my-number kind of skin. But obviously I'll keep tying it and let all of you beautiful people know how it goes.

[L-R]
Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Coil Moisturizing Soufflé - £6.99 (link): Ain't no such thing as anti-shrinkage for curly girls, unless you want to put heat or chemicals on your hair, I'm just. Saying. Anyway I've been on a haircare kick lately and like with my skin my hair don't like that dry life so I picked up this because I need an additional moisturising step in my haircare routine.

Johnson's Baby Spray Conditioner - £2.50 (link): This is my favourite detangler/leave-in ever. I hate detangling in the shower so I just spray this on damp hair and go to town with my Tangle Teezer-vibe brush and we're good until the next day, when I will spray this on dry hair and go to town with my brush. This is good stuff, and it is featured in this post as a repurchase if I didn't already make that clear. Lol.

Asda's Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 99p (link): Did you know EV olive oil is this cheap because I didn't. I've heard great things about EVOO so I thought I'd give it a whirl because coconut oil is so expensive god damn. I'm planning a whoole haircare post so keep yo' eyes peeled!
Oh look, these were all full priced haha.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Naked Brown - £6.99 (link)
This is the only makeup product in this haul, I must be losing my touch. Either way this stupid lipstick caused me so much aggro until I decided that bloody lipstick really isn't work all that stress. Strap yourself in, grab a cuppa, I'm launching into the full explanation. So I wanted a brown lipstick, kinda of like that perfect brown lip liner that literally every brand does, but I wanted it in a creamy lipstick because I am not about that dry skin life that wearing lip liner all day does to my lips. So I picked this one up even though I wasn't 100% satisfied with it and then went to my Mac counter and of course Mac has the perfect shade I'm looking for. So I ummed and ahhed about trying to return this to Superdrug and committing £15.50 to what is probably a phase. Mac, we see you hiking your prices up. In the end, I just stuck with this one, obviously, because with a little lip liner this is pretty similar to the Mac shade I saw, and for less than half the price. Why is this explanation so long? I don't know, I like talking. Pictures of my wearing this will probably be on my Instagram soon so go follow, there is a link at the bottom of this post  

Dry Food Storage Canister - 99p: Okay this seems like such a strange purchase to be blogging about but I wanted to upgrade my brush holder/storage thing that was happening because I wasn't happy with the old Dolmio jar they were in; it wasn't big enough to hold all my brushes and was too tall to hold my short-handled brushes without making them a hassle to try and access. So I bought this badboy for a pretty penny. And it's almost perfect, it just needs decorating.

 See, cute!

Primark Cinnamon & Maple Scented Candle - 80p: No haul of mine would be complete without some kind of fragrance, especially this close to Christmas when I go mad for homeware. This candle smells like cinnamon pancakes, or maple pecan muffins, or just basically sweet, spiced goodness. I have seen these in 3 different Primarks you're nose is very welcome.

THAT'S EVERYTHING!
I know, it was a huge post and if you're still here with me thank you very much!
If today happens to be your birthday, happy birthday! And if you like the look of or have tried any of these above items please let me know in the comments section or on any of my social media accounts which are listed below.

Thanks for reading! xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014