Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

REVIEW: Trichomania Solid Sampoo Bar

Tuesday 14 January 2014
I wasn't ready for this product. At all.
I've never really understood the hype with Lush.  Even though I feel like every beauty blogger/vlogger and their mother knows about Lush Cosmetics' proclamations; "We believe...in making effective products from fresh*, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics", what's the big deal? But I was looking for a shampoo that wouldn't "strip my hair of its natural oils", in inverted commas because no one in real life actually talks like that, and that would moisturise my dry, chemically damaged mess.
 So after a numerous trips to the Lush website, I lost my Lush virginity very recently when I picked up this bad boy, a long with a few other goodies. The Lush websites informs us that; 
"a cornucopia of creamy coconut shampoo is in this solid shampoo for an extra-moisturising and fragrant wash. Ultra-hydrating, we've used lashings of protein-rich creamed coconut to coat each strand with moisture to leave it soft and strong, and to make the skin on your scalp supple. We blend in vetivert oil to calm your mood and to add a deeper note to the coconut fragrance."
It was definitely the coconut that sold me. I want coconut everythaaang.

Note all the ingredients in a foreign language including an SLS. As far as I'm aware this is just a foaming agent so I don't really care? In fact, I don't give a rats ass what's in it, it is magic. Trichomania shampoo may as well be made of pixie dust and magic potions because holy hell. I am black; I have thick, frizzy hair that knots like a bitch, with chemical damage to add to the madness. As well as a dry and itchy scalp. Honey, I have everything wrong with my hair and I have tried everything. But finally my hair has never felt cleaner, or softer and my scalp has never felt more nourished. And the scent?! Divine. I can hear angels singing. I love the smell of coconut and this packs a punch. It's creamy and wonderful and I'm in love. 
This might not be the one for you if you have limp, thin or sparse hair, but if you have thick, bushy hair that you just can't control, this is a damn good place to start your hair routine. Just chop a piece off (don't take that massive chunk into the shower with you), lather up and rinse.

This ticks all the boxes for me; it smells fantastic and it does its job.
"Effective products", that's what the hype is all about.
Pick up your own bar of magic at lushcosmetics or at a store near you for £5.35/100g.

Thanks for reading, xo.

PS. Have you entered my giveaway?! Click here to see the original post!
PPS: Have you seen my December Glossybox Unboxing?! Click here to watch it!


1 comment:

  1. I freaking love coconut too. Trichomania is awesome glad u like! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014