Pages

Saturday 22 February 2014

GLOSSYBOX UK: VALENTINE'S EDITION

Saturday 22 February 2014
At least it's better than last month...I suppose.
Once again the box is naff and shiny and not my jam at all, but at least it's covered in this kind of Pop Art design? I have no idea what the technical term for it is, but I really like the box design this month!
As for what's inside it...
Giovani 2Chic Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair mask trio.
I like the sound of this because it is designed for "dry, damaged hair", which I have, but I currently have a hair routine that's working really well for me at the moment, so I don't know when I'll get round to using this. For anyone interested; they don't test on animals and all the ingredients listed are 100% vegetarian, though I'll be honest and say that I don't even know what half of them are...
Nougat London Body Shimmer, Cherry Blossom fragrance.
"Add radiance to your skin with this sparkling body shimmer. Enriched with Mallow Extract, Vitamin E and Wheatgerm Oil this moisturising gel leaves your skin luxuriously perfumed and sparkling." I don't know about that luxuriously perfumed part because to me it just smells like shower gel, but then I don't know what cherry blossoms actually smell like.. The small glitter particles reflect blue and silver which might not work for every skin tone as it can look a bit like that cheap glitter gel from Claire's Accessories that we used to smother on our shoulders as kids going to the school disco... Or maybe that was just me? Either way I might slap a little bit on my collar bones in the warmer months and see how it goes..
Ciaté Nail Polish in Pocket Money
I love me some nail polish, but this colour is way too beige for my skin tone. That is all.
NV Colour Chunky Crayon in Fondant Fancy
This eyeshadow crayon boats a "creaseless formula" but I don't know if I'll ever even bother with it because the shade is basically lilac which really doesn't suit me at all. Ugh.
Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara
Finally something to be excited about! It's new Maybelline mascara with two wands, one for upper lashes and a tiny one for lower lashes. I eyed this in Boots and contemplated buying it but here it is in my Glossybox! The only thing I'm not crazy about is that I've been sent the Waterproof one which of course is an absolute bitch to remove, but I've noticed that Glossybox always sends waterproof mascara. #TheStruggle.
Lindt Treat Bar
This was included as an "Extra Treat" and I love Lindt chocolate so I'm not complaining! Thanks Glossybox!

Although this box is so much better than last month's (click HERE to read my post on January's Glossybox) I'm still not overwhelmed. The only thing that jumped out at me like WOW OMG I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE was the mascara so I'm still thinking of cancelling. However, I initially said I'd keep my subscription for a year, and I'm almost there so I might just carry on even though the boxes aren't great, even though I know the second I unsubscribe there's going to be high-end products galore. Or at least things I really want. Ugh.

But anyway, that's my overview of this month's Glossybox.
Thanks for reading! xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014