Pages

Sunday 2 February 2014

VALENTINE'S DAY LIPPIES!

Sunday 2 February 2014
Valentine's Day, or Single Awareness Day as I like to call it when I'm feeling bitter, is already right around the corner and what better way to pay homage to the day than with a beautiful lip colour! Especially if there's not much chance of your lipstick being smeared all over your face by someone else's lips!

(Left, bottom to top: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick, Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang, Sleek Pout Paint in Mauve Over, Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Russian Roulette)
(Right, top to bottom: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick, Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang, Sleek Pout Paint in Mauve Over, Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Russian Roulette)

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick: A beautiful pink shade, with the typical balm formula that Revlon have got on point. As you can see this is a pretty tame lip colour (I hate the word "wearable, what does that even mean?) so it's a good choice for work, college, uni. It's also a good one fr those of you who will be getting their smooch on ;) as this one wears evenly and leaves a pretty stain behind.
Available from Boots.com & Superdrug.com for £7.99

Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang: Okay, disclaimer if you kiss anyone with this on it will get everywhere. A gorgeous, if messy, bright, mid-toned red lippie with serious colour pay off. This wears more like an opaque lip gloss, doe-foot applicator and all, but the pigmentation is so real that I can't complain. 
Available from Boots.com & Superdrug.com for £6.49 (Rimmel currently has a "save up to £2" offer on in Boots!)

Sleek Pout Paint in Mauve Over: I rarely wear this one because it's a little too cool-toned for me, which is a shame because it's so pretty. As you can see, if definitely leans more pink than mauve, and is bright. Pout Paints are basically lip lacquers in a tub and dry, unlike Rimmel's Apocalips which don't try at all, to an almost-matte finish, which I love. Again the pigmentation is nothing to wave a stick at and a little bit goes a long way. Apply with a lip brush for maximum control precision. I've heard that these are similar to the OCC Lip Tars but I've never even seen one in person so I can't tell you how true, or not, that is.
Available from Sleekmakeup.com & in Superdrug stores (the Superdrug website is wack) for £4.99

Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Russian Roulette: I love this lipstick, it's my go-to matte red. It is perfect for every single occasion on your calender and is just gorgeous. It's a little deeper in tone than the standard bright red, which is great for my skin tone, and is matte matte matte. In fact so matte it's a little bit drying so make sure your exfoliate and moisturise your lips before hand! I've heard that this is a good dupe for Mac's Russian Red but I've no idea how true this is because I don't own it! 
Available from Boots.com for £4.99

Somehow I managed to find four different shades of lip colour, in four different formulas. This is what a makeup addiction looks like lol. But hopefully there's something for everyone here, so drop me a comment below and let me know what you think :)
Thanks for reading! xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014