Pages

Saturday 14 June 2014

THE BIRCHBOX YOU NEED | JUNE 2014

Saturday 14 June 2014
It's no secret that I am a little bit in love with Birchbox UK, even though I've only received two boxes so far, with this month's being my third. Birchbox are on top of their game and this month's box is no exception.
*[SPOILERALERT]*


The theme this month is the Brazil World Cup, of course. Now I'm not a huge fan of football, or of the controversy surrounding the event over in Brazil, but politics aside, I'm really excited about this box and I can't deny that the theme works really well. In light of the International event, Birchbox have picked out products from the usual "all over the world" places; France, Spain and America.

 First of all the piéce de résistance, Beauty Blender & Blender Cleanser Solid 
I am stoked beyond words to have received a Beauty Blender, which is the American offering. This is something that I've always lusted after but could never bring myself to part with my precious monies. Low and behold I am now a proud own of le bootyblender and paid only a fraction of the price thanks to Birchbox. Fuck yeah!

Naobay Body Radiance Lotion (left) Embryolisse Lait-Créme Concentré (right)
I've never even heard of the Spanish brand Naobay but I can tell you that this lotion smells incredible; like fresh lemons and limes in the tube but more like lemon meringue pie once absorbed into the skin. The consistency is good and it's water based so there's no oily or greasy feeling. This Natural and Organic lotion isn't a huge sample at 30ml but it'll fit right into my handbag and make an excellent hand cream I'm sure. It's also not tested on animals, so there's that too.

Embryolisse is a (French) brand that I've been keen on trying but unfortunately my purse won't quite stretch that far, so again I'm glad to see this in a Birchbox. I think this cream is a multi-purpose jobby which can be used as a "moisturizing cream, milky make-up remover, repairing mask, after-shave cream, baby-care product", which sounds fantastic really. The only thing is I'm not sure how many times, or against how many promises, I'll be able to test this cream because the same is minuscule. A little probably goes a long way, but damn. 

OPI Copacababies Liquid Sand Mini Nail Lacquer in I'm Brazil Nuts Over You (left) Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical Lipstick in Rouge Groseille (right)
On the little card in the box there's a Brazilian flag next to the OPI description as well as the Lifestyle Extra, which I'm just going to overlook completely. I see what they're getting at with the whole Brazilian theme, but they've lost me on this one. Anyway, back to the products. This nail lacquer is beautiful and I'm sad that the bottle is so tiny.  The shade is so hard to describe but after lots of googling, The Polish Aholic's description of "a coral pink with purple shimmer" pretty much hits the nail on the head. I'd love to have a full size of this as it's beautiful but as far as I'm aware these shades are only available in minis as part of the Limited Edition Brazil Beach Minis. Boo. But still, a lovely shade.

I'm not a fan of sheer anything to be honest. I like my clothes, nail varnish, lip stick and foundation to be opaque, thanks. Or at least mostly opaque, I'm looking at you foundation and I'll forgive you if you need a little building up. Needless to say this doesn't set any sparks flying in terms of pigmentation, however it is buttery smooth and really moisturising so it kind of has the novelty of being a tinted lip balm in lip stick packaging. If you're feeling optimistic. Or if you're just weird like me!

Lifestyle Extra: Brazil-Inspired Key Ring
As I've already waffled on about, I'm not really a fan of the politics of the World Cup so I don't think I'll be endorsing it by showing off this key ring. But I will say I love the colours and I do hope to visit Brazil in the future, so I'll definitely be keeping this but I don't think it'll be surfacing until after the hype has died down. I know, I'm so strange... 

 I am so glad that I've switched to Birchbox, I can't even tell you. I hope they keep up the good work because their boxes have been so good! What do you think of this month's box? 
You can subscribe to Birchbox here for £10 per month + p&p.
Thanks for reading! xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014