Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Christmas Cupcake Tartlet Review

Wednesday 2 January 2013
I know, it's not even Tuesday!
But I finally gots myself an oil burner, so I thought I'd whack my Christmas Cupcake Yankee Candle wax tart in there and give it a sniff!
How cute is that burner!
Yankee Candle tarts are famous for crumbling really easily - or should that be notorious? They can make such a mess!
But they smell really good, so I can kinda get over that.
In the packaging, Christmas Cupcake smells like vanilla cake and butter cream, but melting/burning it smells really soapy. It's starts of smelling like a vanilla dream, but then this soapiness comes out of nowhere. Maybe it's the "Frosty Christmas" element that Yankee Candle famously add to many of their Christmas Candles, offering us wax that smells like toilet cleaner! Never mind!

These little tarts are only £1.25 and last long enough. I burn/melt little pieces periodically throughout the day to keep my room fresh. That tiny chunk that I've put on has been burning for about an hour, and is still going, and the fragrance will linger for about an hour or two after the oil has evaporated. 

This tart smell reasonably good, though it does have a soapy smell to it that I'm not 100% keen on, but that's just my personal taste!

Thanks for reading :)



2 comments:

  1. great post!

    I'm just about getting into candles myself

    jayj x.
    avecjayj.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :) Ugh, I love them so much!!!

      Delete

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014