Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

Hauled It!

Friday 18 January 2013
It's actually been a while since I've done any kind of hauling. Little shopping expeditions not withstanding.
However, I was prowling webpages last night, just looking for a simple blackhead eliminating magic potion, because I aim high, and discovered that virtually everything is on some kind of offer in both Boots and Superdrug. Crikey.
I really wanted some products from the Good Thing brand, but both Superdrug and Boots let me down :/
However I did pick up a few exciting things :)



Garnier Mineral InvisiDry/Nivea Rich Nourising Body Moisturiser/Palmer's Natural Bronze Body Lotion
(l-r)
1 I cannot even begin to digress how many issues I've had with deodorant over the years. This Garnier deodorant actually keeps me dry for hours. I'm on my third can in a row now; nothing beats it.
Of course, I got it for £1.03 from Superdrug
2 I don't think I can actually survive without this body moisturiser. Seriously. I've been using it for the past 3 years and I don't understand why I ever used anything before. I'm prone to really dry skin, especially on my legs, and this angel smooths and soothes everything up a treat!
Another sale item; £1.77 from Superdrug
3 I can hear a few of your incredulous and sceptical voices wondering why on earth I've gone and bought bloody fake tan with my skin tone, am I right? Worry not, my dear friends, I've not lost my mind. I was taking pics of my nails for my NOTW post (here) and I noticed how outrageously pale my hands looked! So I've bought some "gradual tanner" to get my glow back!
Half price in Boots; £2.67

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
Another godsend. I've read a lot of "makeup wipes just push the makeup around your face" posts lately and I don't even understand that. Either you're doing it wrong, or you need these. However, they're pretty pricey so I tend to grab them when they're on offer. Simple products are 3for2 in Boots, but I got these on a 3 for £5 offer in Tesco. Buy one, get one half price and have another free? Yes please thanks.

Cotton Wool Cosmetic Pads/Nail Polish Remover
1 Exactly what it says on the tin really. I love that I can get these in sets of 50 for 49p from Bodycare. Sometimes you just don't one of those massive, imposing 100's from Boots/Superdrug, y'know?
2 Look how bloody cute that is! It's a mini bottle of nail varnish remover! I was just bowled over by how cute and adorable this looked. As with the cotton wool pads, it's size is completely travel friendly. 79p from Superdrug, bargain!

Arm & Hammer Enamel Care Whitening Toothpaste/Listerine Fresh Burst Mouthwash
1 I've been searching high and low, far and wide, for an effective teeth whitening toothpaste and so far, I'm still empty handed. Boo. I've heard great things about Arm & Hammer, with it's superior baking soda formula. I guess we'll see what happens! £1.49 from Bodycare. Who the hell is paying £3+ for it? Not me!
2 Apparently this toothpaste, whilst great for polishing those pearly whites, isn't so great at freshening your breath. Enter Listerine. £1 from Tesco.

Look Beauty Nail Pop Nail Varnish
Woah, that first picture is shoddy! Sorry! 
Lovely, wonderful Superdrug presented the majority of the Look Beauty stand to me on sale, so naturally I picked a few things up.
I got 3 nail varnishes in the shades Grape Juice (a pink lavender), City (a mushroom grey/taupe) and Blazer (a sparkly ink blue) (l-r). I was looking to add more pastels and nudes to my ever growing collection, I think I did myself some justice! Half price; £2.50 from Superdrug.

Look Beauty Loud Lips Lipstick in Toffee Cup
I bought a nude lipstick! Though I have no idea what possessed me to buy this shade. It's a really pale brown, as you can kind of see. I mean, I'll make it work, but still. Bravery at it's best this is! :P
Again, half price from Superdrug; £3.50.

This is the longest post evaaaar.

Vogue Magazine/Dare Magazine
I bought Vogue? I have no idea, I've just been inexplicably drawn to it for the past few days, so I caved. £3.99 from Boots.
As much as I don't "Cheryl", who am I to say no to a freebie? That's right, Dare Magazine was FREE! Thank you Superdrug!

Kellog's Krave/Kellog's Frosties Snack Bars/Ferrero Eggs
1 Krave is delicious, but so expensive! However, at half price, £1.34, in Tesco it'd be rude not to, really. 
2 I rarely have time for breakfast in the mornings before lectures, so I end up munching biscuits whilst my lecturer is, well, lecturing. These badboys are still full of sugar, but at least they're not bourbons, right? Tony the Tiger was 99p in Tesco!
3 I don't have any excuses. I think they look really fancy and I love Ferrero Rochers, and these are egg-shaped. I don't see why there would be any argument. Though in my defence, I bought some for my mama too :) Tesco; £2 each or 2 for £3.

Wow.
I went shopping. And there's still things that I didn't get.
But for now, I'm done.
If you'd like to see any reviews on any of the items I've bought, let me know in the comments below & I'll get right on that!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014