Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

BLOGMAS | DAY 8: LIFE BEHIND THE SCREEN

Monday 8 December 2014

So it's crystal clear that I've missed a couple of days. Oops. Life behind the screen really does throw curve balls sometimes and I just have to roll with it. The past weekend has really highlighted how lots of bloggers have such varied content on their blogs. I see spontaneous lunches and detailed analysis of makeup stands and sweet little anecdotes and I'm always like how the hell? But the answer is simple really; bloggers take their cameras everywhere. I was invited over to a family friend's house for dinner yesterday (well my mum was and I tagged along because if there's food I'm there) and I was sat at a dinner table; completely decorated with napkins and silver wear and champagne flutes, and the most exquisite looking food I'd ever seen outside of a magazine; thinking, damn I should have brought my camera. I tried taking some on my phone, but it wouldn't have done the evening justice at all. It's a shame but I've learned. Thou shalt carry a camera. At all times. 

The hunt for the most delicious mince pies is still on, and the ones pictured above are from Tesco and they aren't too bad. Last year, Tesco had some absolutely vile mince pies; the pastry was tough and dry and the filling was bitter and mushy and absolutely horrific. These bog standard ones are a lot better than last year's. All they need, as far as I'm concerned, is a little tipple of brandy. But as they stand, they're a solid 6/10.  Maybe a 6.5/10 considering they're only £1.

Lastly, and this just sprung up on me, I had no intention of including this but alas, I like to ramble about my day-to-day, boring-ass life. So I hopped off the plane at LAX - wait. No, that's not right. I hopped onto Youtube, there we go, and one of my favourite Kpop groups has uploaded a new video. I know, the Kpop thing again, but I can't help it. It's addictive. But anyway, Taeyang & G Dragon have a new song out called Good Boy and they uploaded the Dance Practice Video literally within the hour. It's good to see the boys (lol, men, they're 5 years older than me) in good shape; they both look healthy which is a huge deal in the kpop industry. But this video just feels so awkward and so cringe. YG are pretty much flying the flag on individuality and quality over quantity, so as Dance Practice videos are something of a trend in kpop, I feel as though they should have left this one alone. Even though YG have shared videos like this before, years back, it's just not the same. 

GD x Taeyang Good Boy Dance Practice Video 

 I can't even casually listen to this song, I really don't like it. I'm a HUGE fan of Big Bang, I think they're the best thing since sliced bread, seriously. I'm just not a huge fan of whatever musical direction they're apparently going in. But my personal opinion matters not because this song will make waves in the music industry, across the globe. Trust me on that one. It's not exactly genius, but it'll spread like wildfire. 

Okay I'm done.
Thanks for reading, xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014