Pages

Saturday 29 December 2012

My Top 5 Christmas Films

Saturday 29 December 2012
There's always a lot of hype about Home Alone this time of year, but I don't lean towards it at all.
Maybe it's because I haven't seen it for years, or maybe because getting left home alone at Christmas sounds like depression waiting to happen.
Maybe it's just me.
Either way, here are my favourite films to watch at Christmas!

1. The Polar Express
I can't stand Tom Hanks, so I was really dubious about watching this, but I think it was on last Christmas on TV and I was so furious every time the breaks came on. It's now one of my all time faves. Pure Christmas magic.

2. Dr. Suess' How The Grinch Stole Christmas (aka The Grinch).
I watch this every single year, without fail. It's a hilarious heart warmer that never gets old.

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
I watch this every Halloween and every Christmas Eve. It just has to be done. Jack Skellington is one of my favourite characters of all time, plus nothing beats the naive King of Halloween stealing Christmas, and then desperately giving it back. What a babe.

4. Ice Age & Ice Ace 2
I don't know what it is about these two, but I always and persuade my little brother to let me watch it, and drag my mum into the living room with loads of popcorn and tea to snuggle up and watch these. They're proper family films so what better time to watch them than Christmas?

5. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
I know, another not-technically-a-Christmas-film one. But Christmas just isn't the same without Hagrid hauling that massive tree across Hogwarts' grounds in all that snow. Plus it is a family film. This usually gets watched on Christmas Day or Boxing Day in my house, whilst everyone's in their food comas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014